Monday, October 17, 2005

I was having a heckuva time trying to add photos to the entry below so I figured I'd sort out the bugs in a separate post. I see the images now so hopefully it's working. I had a separate photo editor open earlier so maybe that was interfering with the upload?

So what you have in these two photos is the 16' long 2x4 that is actually 1 15/16" x 3 15/16". The slightly reduced size is so that the forms fit easily over the beam. The boxbeam or internal strongback is resting on the external strongback. See the earlier post for details.

See that bundle of dark brown strips of wood in the back - that's 95% of the cedar for this boat, and they tell me there's probably 30% extra as a fudge factor. I also have some contrasting light coloured strips thanks to Rod Tait but they are much longer and on the shelf out of these photos. I'll have to post some better photos of the strips some time later.

1 comment:

  1. Ummm... actually that's only ~40% of the cedar shown in that photo, I forgot about the larger bundle up on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete