Sunday, February 12, 2006

History Lesson

Apparently my interest in boats goes back for at least a couple generations. Here is a picture from the 1940's of my Great-Grandpa George Pelletier seemingly going hunting. I would guess that this would have been somewhere in the region of northwestern Quebec or northeastern Ontario. Check out that portage cart!

This next picture is labeled as 1949 so perhaps it was taken at the same time as the one above. This picture features Grandpa Ken Bryson on the left. That must be my Great-Grandpa & Great-Grandma (mamere) Pelletier in the middle, and maybe one of my Grandma's younger brothers on the right.

I'm not too sure about the next one, perhaps it's Grandpa Bryson & Great-Grandpa Pelletier again. Isn't that canoe a beauty?

Here's another one of Grandpa Bryson.Later on Grandpa Bryson moved up a bit in his choice of boats. Here is a picture from 1979 when he lived on Vancouver Island at Campbell River.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting the pictures of my dad. He always talked about his love of my Papere and the fact that he kept these pictures is important.
    DBS

    ReplyDelete