Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Membership Renewal Time!

It's membership drive time at CFCR 90.5 FM, Saskatoon's Community radio station. CFCR plays a highly varied and often eclectic mixture of music and cultural programming. My favourite shows include the weekday morning roots program, So Many Roads, the Monday evening blues program, Rollin' & Tumblin', and the Thursday evening awesome music program, Pirate Radio. Fantastic boatbuilding music!

The Community Radio Society of Saskatoon runs the radio station, and membership yields discounts at various local retailers, entry in the membership drive draw, as well as monthly random member draws. Members are also eligible to call in to win frequent on-air giveaways. I have gotten my money's worth over the years. Just last month I won two free tickets to see the incredible Harry Manx at the Broadway Theatre. It was an awesome show and it only cost us the babysitter fee.

p.s. I'm now member #0051.

No comments:

Post a Comment