Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Test Fit of a Sea Flea Skeleton

With the frame now fully epoxied, the girls tried the Sea Flea on for size.

My older daughter (still in pajamas) gets first crack, hence the long face on the younger daughter.
Now she's happy! With imaginary paddle in hand.


It seems like a nice day today to try it out on the water for the first time.

Looks like I'm going to have to build a couple of kid-sized paddles to go with the kayak.

Today I was home from work so the floor was constructed of 1/2" sanded pine plywood (about 7/16" actual thickness) and some angle aluminum and is ready to install. I also need to build a coaming and apply a finish to at least the cockpit area (do I need to apply a finish to the entire frame since I coated the whole thing in epoxy?) before I move to skinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment