Monday, June 23, 2008

Bike Blogs

I've mentioned before that an interesting blog I like is Copenhagen Cycle Chic (be sure to check out the sister blog, Copenhagenize.com). Today I found a couple of local bike blogs I look forward to following.

A search for reviews on the "iFlasher" battery-less bike light made by Reelight led me to Bicycle Smile. Bicycle Smile is a blog, created by Ryan Warkentin, featuring reviews of cycling gear. Although they have a link to Reelight, they don't actually have a review up (yet?). I covet his Surly!

From Ryan's web site, I found the blog of Tim Brown, aka Tim's Bike Blog. I've known Tim for a few years now. We once competed in a cyclocross race together where I beat him. ;) This was my one and only race (cyclocross or any other bike race) and it nearly killed me, or at least that's how it felt. It was fun though and I wish I had the fitness to do it again (I haven't been riding with Horizon 100 in a few years). One of the things I admire about Tim is his mobility with two kids by bike. I occasionally see him around town hauling his young kids around in the bike trailer demonstrating what can be done. I take my kids year-round and through the occasional blizzard in the bike trailer to school, day care, and sometimes shopping, but Tim takes it up to another level.

2 comments:

  1. That Copenhagen Cycle Chic blog is amazing - and so many links to so many other cool sites - I'm going to waste hours snooping around there! Thanks for posting that!

    Wow, beating me isn't something to really brag about - you might as well say; "I beat the fat out of shape dude that was dead last in every race..."

    I like your boats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tim,
    Yeah, there's something about that Copenhagen Cycle Chic that really intrigues me. I suppose it shows bikes in a setting where they are ubiquitous, and just the whole casualness of it all. Their motto is "style over speed" and I don't know whay I like that so much. It's all quite contrary to my own style where I strive to ignore the aesthetic altogether, favouring function. Add to that the fact that I have trouble going slow and normally push quite hard to go fast. I love few things in life better that spotting someone in the distance that I think is worthy of a chase, and overtaking them, preferably while wearing work duds.

    Are you trying to diminish my racing achievements? Hey, I have to revel in the fact that I beat someone!

    ReplyDelete