Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Kayak Roll Practice in Pike Lake

This is my first ever edited video where I spliced together a few videos and a handful of photos, then added a title page and credits pages. The videos and photos are of me practicing rolling my kayak at Pike Lake this past weekend. It was rather breezy as can be seen and heard in the videos.


To learn to paddle a kayak from a guy that can get back upright in his kayak most of the time, visit ColdspringPaddling.com.

Update: I've been getting some great feedback on my mashed up technique from the folks over on WestCoastPadller.com. Click here to see the discussion.  An important point is that the above is NOT a how-to video. This is just me practising, and apparently my technique is a bit mixed up. 

1 comment:

  1. Here's another look at rolling, including rolling a tandem kayak: http://www.w10.ca/kayakdemer/videos.php?v=16

    Notice the woman who does the balance brace laying on the water, then just rolls back onto her back deck and sits up. Nice!

    ReplyDelete